Wednesday, January 11, 2012

From Vile to Smile

King David wrote Psalm 101:2-3 I will be careful to live a blamess life. . . I will walk in my house with a blameless heart. I will set before my eyes no vile thing.

vile   /vaɪl/ Show Spelled[vahyl] Show IPA adjective, vil·er, vil·est.
1. wretchedly bad: a vile humor.
2. highly offensive, unpleasant, or objectionable: vile slander.
3. morally debased, depraved, or despicable: vile deeds.
4. foul; filthy: vile language.

Convicted today that I could not write the same thing. Am amazed at how complacent I allow myself to become sometimes over mindless entertainment. I'm not a big watcher of vileness. But yet every now and then--like when I allow God to show me, I realize what in the world I settle for, and that I am every bit as debased as those who have created or produced the show. Man that makes me sad. . . .

Yet. . . .

Isaiah wrote Isaiah 43:25 for God, "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake, and remembers your sins no more."
So thankful for a God who shows me where I'm wrong and has the ability to make me right again. And man, that makes me glad. . . . .

Praise the God who can take me from vile to a smile!!

No comments: